Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Gonna be a long one...


This morning, 4:48 to be precise, I was awakened by the pitiful whines of a Great Dane. She normally doesn't do that. She would sleep 'til 9 or 10 if I let her. So, naturally, I was concerned - as concerned as one can be at 4:48 am. When I looked into her crate I saw the source of her angst. (Yes, Great Danes have a LOT of angst.)

She had diarrhea. Not as bad as I've seen it before, but bad enough that she couldn't hold it and let it go on her bed. So, I took her out and instead of going back to bed I decided to get some stuff done around the loft (see Mark, I'm trying). I did some laundry and dishes and did some basic cleanup, including Abby's crate.

I decided to get to work early since I have to leave early to pick up Mark from the airport this afternoon. I don't have to be here (I'm at work now) until 9, but came in at 7. In anticipation of the long day ahead I stopped at Starbucks where I not only got my 4 shot coffee I regularly get, but also 2 cans of "Doubleshot". I have a feeling it's not going to help much in the overall scheme of things, but I have to try.

As for Abby, I dropped her off at daycare and everything seemed fine when I left. Hopefully it was just a little bug or something that's passed. I'm crossing my fingers.

No comments: