Friday, October 12, 2007

It's My Birthday!! (Gimme money)

I turn another year older today! I made it another year and what a year it's been. I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again - I love getting older. I like my gray hairs that pop up in weird places. I feel like I've earned them. Instead of looking at age as a negative, I look at it as a badge of honor.

It may be a little morbid, but I think of my friends who didn't make it this far. Why I'm still moving along I don't know, but I am and I'm very grateful that I am. I admit there are some negatives to the age thing, but honestly the physical and mental problems that people have due to age, I've had for awhile now due to years of drug use.

Now, let's chat. I am walking this Sunday with Mark and a group from the Ranch in the Dallas LifeWalk. So here's my birthday wish:

I have fallen pathetically short of my goal and need help. I realize that a lot of people have already donated to others (be it this cause or another) so I understand if you are unable to help. However, I also know there are people who keep meaning to donate and forget. Now's your chance! Click on my donation page and help support AIDSArms of Dallas.

Thank you to everyone who has donated already and to those who are about to donate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday!