Saturday, May 3, 2008

Coverings 2008

This past week has been crazy. I'm so glad it's Saturday! I attended Coverings - a national tile show - for work. I know it doesn't sound like it would be fun, but it really was! Keep in mind I work with very high-end artisan tile, not the 50 cents a square foot crap at Home Depot. (No offense to anyone that has that, believe me, it's all I can afford).

We went to Orlando and walked miles and miles looking at what's new and upcoming in the tile industry. It was also great to meet some of the people I talk to on the phone every day face to face. There are some amazing things coming out that I'm really excited about. The things that the Italians and Spanish are coming up with are very impressive, but the Japanese are the ones that really surprised me. There were some things we'd never seen before.

It's funny to me how excited I get over tile. I never would've thought, but I love tile! I get to work with extremely beautiful products and extremely cool suppliers on a daily basis. I absolutely love my job and completely geek out on tile and stone now! Not only was the show itself fun, but there was also dinner and drinking involved! How can you go wrong with that?

1 comment:

RHEANA POWELL said...

HEY, THIS IS YOUR COUSIN RHEANA. I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR DOG. HAVEING 5 OF MY OWN I KNOW HOW CLOSE YOU GET TO THOSE GUYS. I HAVE RECENTLY CREATED A BLOG WWW.RHEANAPOWELL.BLOGSPOT.COM DROP ME A LINE SOMETIME. I SAW YOUR PARENTS THIS WEEKEND. THEY SAY YOU LIKE YOUR JOB AND ARE DOING GOOD. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOMETIME! TXTEA@MCHSI.COM