Monday, May 12, 2008

Mixed Bag of Emotions

My emotions are kinda all over the place right now. This is going to be a pretty short post...

On the positive side I got to see one of my all-time favorites last night - Dolly Parton. She was so much fun! She talked a ton, even talking about how much she was talking. Her voice sounded great too. I had a blast!

Then there's the other stuff going on. Abby's condition is degenerating slowly. Basically the $5000 surgery she requires only stops it from continuing, it doesn't necessarily "fix" her problem. She has a lot of difficulty getting in and out of the truck - I pretty much have to lift and lower her each time...145 pounds of dog. Needless to say, she pretty much stays home. Now she's getting to where she can't go up stairs.

I've contacted both the breeder and the Great Dane Rescue of North Texas. The breeder told me that she was going to do some research. I gave her the official diagnosis from the neurologist. She sent an email I believe she meant to send to someone else for advice where she gave the impression that the best option would be to euthanize her - in her best interest. She believes that her quality of life is not reparable.

I'm still waiting on the final word from her. Meanwhile I haven't heard anything from the GDRNT.

To continue with this theme, I need to find a home for Cobb (my cat), as well. I just can't handle the allergies anymore. I've kept her for so much longer (years) than I planned. It's only because she is the sweetest cat I know that she got to stick around as long as she did. But, I'm moving soon and I need to move into a place cat-hair and dander free. Anyone need a sweet, loving, 8 year old cat?



...ok, so the post wasn't that short...

No comments: