Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tijuana Here I Come!

I'm off to a work seminar this weekend in San Diego with one of our suppliers, Oceanside Glasstile. Deena, my counterpart at work, is going with me. We fly out around 4:00 today (I know - flying on 9/11) and should land around 5:30. Tonight we don't have anything to do but hang out and wait for tomorrow.

On Friday we venture into Tijuana to visit the factory where we'll spend the day watching them pour glass, making our own molds, etc. We even have a "Churro" break at one point (my mouth is watering already.) We'll be back over the border before the sun sets (we ain't stupid) for dinner on the beach.

Saturday is full of workshops - installation, design, product knowledge, etc. with the occasional team building game thrown in - the main thing I hate about these things. Then Saturday night is reserved for the party. Open bar and good food - Deena's determined I'm going to be on the dance floor at one point.

The overall theme to the weekend is "The Glass Crusade: The Search for the Crystal Cranium"...uh huh, I know...they're cheesy as hell, but also a lot of fun. At least their being creative. I won't be so lucky next month when I have to go to a different seminar in Perth Amboy, NJ. It's mostly sitting in a room and listening to lectures - a complete let-down after Oceanside and San Diego.

Oh well - that's next month. It's 10:15 and I'm so ready to go. We're leaving work at 2:00, but I've been here since 7:30 this morning and am tired already. I was up late last night and needed Mark to bring me to work so I could leave my car at home for the weekend. Nobody else showed up until 9-ish so I got a lot of work done and now I'm just a little bored...and ready to go!

No comments: