Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Wins!!!


As much as I was excited about this election, I was nervous. I wasn't going to say that Obama had won until everything was counted and everyone agreed...then McCain conceded. I teared up at the words "Barack Obama elected 44th President"...it makes me smile just thinking about it.

I think I'm still in shock about the whole thing. Last night I couldn't get enough of his acceptance speech and I have to say I think McCain's concession speech last night was great - one of his best of the campaign. I have a lot of respect for McCain, I just question his decision-making abilities (ie Palin.)

The world has been watching and the support is overwhelming. I think the rest of the world has been waiting for us to get our shit together and for the first time in almost 8 years we're taking the steps to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, REALLY, hate to agree, but McCain's choice of Palin really brought his decision making abilities into question. I can't tell you how many people leaning toward McCain changed their minds after Palin was added to the mix. What was he thinking? If he was trying for the fundamentalist vote, I guess he hasn't learned they are just a small nut faction.

Tuna Girl said...

I totally agree with you. I had no idea how much I cared but I cried and cried all through Obama's speech. This is the kind of America I want to raise my kids in.