Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank you

Thank you for the response to my painting! Several of you came out of the woodwork to comment - some I've never heard from, and I really appreciate that. To answer a question -

Yes, at some point I will make these available commercially. I have about 3 or 4 completed ones in my head already and I'm almost halfway finished with the second painting. But, before I ever sell any I'm going to be developing my skills and techniques. The first two pieces are rather large, so I'm going to buy some smaller canvases to play with different ideas.

It'll also take a little time because I'm working on building a foundation in Grandma's name. A percentage of the profits will go to that foundation, which will make an annual contribution to several cancer research organizations. But, I have to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything in her will, and get all of the legal stuff straightened out first.

Just as an update - Nora had her brain surgery yesterday. They got what they went in there for, but noticed a branch of the cancer cells heading into her spinal column. They tried to remove it, but there was too much bleeding. Right now she's doing fine and faces a hard decision - continue with radiation, if possible, or just stick with the homeopathic stuff and let nature do its thing. There's a lot of thinking and praying to do. But the good news is they got what they came for and that she's doing well.


No comments: