Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars


For the first time in years the Oscars were entertaining. They brought back a feeling of old Hollywood. I have to say though, I'm not crazy about runaways. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire because it actually doesn't interest me in the least, but that doesn't matter - I just don't see how, with all of the wonderful movies this year, it could win things like "Sound Mixing." I mean come on - it's like there's a box on the ballot that allows you to vote a straight ticket.


I'm so happy that Sean Penn won for Milk. I remember walking out of the theater saying, "he deserves the Oscar, hands down." His transformation reminded me of Charlize Theron in Monster. Not that Harvey Milk was a hideous serial killer, but that I forgot I was watching the actors on the screen. They completely became the people they portrayed and left every bit of themselves out of it. I didn't think he would win just because it didn't have the hype of some of the others, but I knew he deserved it more than the others. I actually clapped and threw my arms in the air when he won...I don't do that sort of thing.


Hugh Jackman did a great job as host. He's funny, hot as hell, and extremely talented. He was the perfect choice for bringing back the feel of old Hollywood. Overall, it's been years since I've been able to say this, but we really enjoyed all 8 hours of the ceremony. (Yes, it's still too long.)

1 comment:

Team Manager said...

Well now I wish I had watched it. Damn!