Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy VD

Well, this is my first Valentine's Day in about 6 years without a partner. It's not a sad day. Actually, just the opposite. I have to admit though it's nice to not have to worry about getting something. Is this too little? Is it too much? Are roses too girly and cliche? Blah, blah, blah...This year I'm free from the "blah, blah, blah". It's actually a little refreshing.

So tonight, I'm going to a hockey game (GO STARS!) with Mark. His partner Brian is working in San Diego and gave me permission to borrow his husband for the game. I'm so glad I didn't go the "date" route. Right now I would be stressing out, running all over the place trying to figure out what to wear and if I should bring flowers.
Is this too little? Is it too much? Are roses too girly and cliche? Blah, blah, blah...

Instead I will spend the evening with Mark doing manly things like watching hockey and drinking beer, watching our asses get handed to us by the Redwings. But that's ok, I'll be doing something I love with someone I love. And although it won't lead to an evening of passion under the sheets, it will still be sprinkled with love, and isn't that what this day is all about?

No comments: