Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hunting for Protein

I miss the days of one-stop grocery shopping. At about 9:00 I decided to run out to the store and grab a few things. I really needed some more of my protein shakes and decided to grab a few other things while I was out.

I headed to Albertson's. About halfway through the store I realized this wasn't the store that carries my protein shakes. I had already spent a half hour in there and decided to do the rest of my shopping before running to the store next door. I started looking for soup.

Everyday for lunch I eat one of those microwaveable bowls of Campbell's. Campbell's has kindly given us quite a selection of tasty options. Unfortunately, Albertson's doesn't. They have about 4 kinds of Vegetable Beef and 2 kinds of Tomato. I thought I'd check Progresso. Same story - Vegetable Beef. DOGDAMMIT!!! There are 50 other selections on the shelf, but none in the microwaveable bowls (and I know they make them).

THEN, I went for the milk. Easy, right? There is only one kind I buy: Horizon Organic 1%. What was the ONE kind of milk missing? HORIZON ORGANIC 1%!!! Deep Breaths...

I finished what shopping I could and decided to head next door to the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Store. (I hate Wal-Mart, but they were next door and I just needed a couple of things) Soup? Same story but with the addition of Clam Chowder and some other crap I don't like. Milk? Nope. Just out of mine - fully stocked in every other kind. Protein shakes? Forget it. I threw down my basket and stormed out the door. By this point it's 10:30.

Then it dawns on me. I got the protein shakes from Kroger! I decided that it was worth it to make the trek to Kroger so I can have my shakes tomorrow. On my way over I call my ex to bitch because he's used to it. In the middle of my tirade about the milk, he informs me that there is a shortage on 1% Organic milk. Apparently it has become so popular they can't keep up with demand. So - everyone out there - quit drinking my milk!

I entered Kroger and immediately walked to my shakes, found my soups, and VOILA - found my milk! I was so excited I decided to pick up a few other things. I looked down and realized it was 11:00 and decided I had to get home. That late at night the only registers open are the self-checkout lanes. That's a whole other post and one I'm not going to get into tonight. Let's just say I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

It is now midnight. I'm kind of appalled that my "jaunt" to the store started a whopping 3 hours ago. I should have been posting this at 10. Next time, I'll just skip all of the others and start with Kroger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, next time you go grocery shopping, TAKE ME! TAKE ME!

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to go to the store with you.