Thursday, March 8, 2007

It's freezing in hell


I never thought I'd be one of those people. You know the ones - all they can think about is working out and supplements. I have never worked out on a regular basis in my life. I've always hated exercise of any kind (I did PE by correspondence in high school), so I never understood the people who were obsessed over it. Now I'm starting to get it.

Last night I went to the store to get a few snacks to keep at work. I walked out with nothing in my cart but protein shakes, raisins and prunes (work snacks), and tuna. I carefully read the labels of everything I bought, only getting things that were beneficial to me in some way. No empty calories.

The most interesting part of it was that I realized about halfway through the store that I was excited about it. It was like I was on a hunt, because it seems that about 80% of the stuff in a grocery store is just crap. I didn't want crap, so I got to hunt. And it was fun. I found myself judging other people based on what they had in their carts. That's when it really hit me that I was becoming one of those people myself.

I look forward to my workout every day even though it kicks my ass. I carefully plan out what I'm going to eat and when. I look at myself in the mirror a lot noticing the slightest change in my build. I notice how my muscles feel throughout the day, how my body is getting a little harder everyday. Yep, it's official - hell has frozen over and pigs can fly. I never believed I could become this person, but here I am. If I can do this, than anyone can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soon you'll be so huge and full of muscles, you won't be able to walk through the door.