Thursday, March 8, 2007

Weekend Getaway

So, I'm writing this a few hours earlier than normal while doing laundry in preparation for this weekend. Mark, Brian, and I are taking our dogs and heading to the ranch. This will be my first trip out there and I'm pretty excited. A couple of days away from everything sounds great! Abby has never been camping and she can hardly contain herself. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, here is a picture.
She is my 120 pound 10 month old puppy. She's got her toys packed and she's ready to go! Me on the other hand...I should have been home doing laundry and getting my shit together rather than my favorite pasttime - shopping. But alas, my addiction won out.

I had to go pick up my glasses from the mall today - yes I need glasses for computer work and reading. Seeeeeee????




(and Yes, that is my clean laundry piled behind me - don't judge - at least it's clean.) So, anywho, I loaded Mark into the truck and we went for a ride.

After picking up my new glasses we decided to "run by" Kenneth Cole. If you've ever been shopping with me, you know that odds are against my leaving Kenneth Cole empty-handed. Even if I can't afford the $300 boots I want, I can pick up a wallet or something. So big surprise when we walked in I just happened across a pair of $125 jeans for $50. They were the last pair and they were just my size. Serendipity!! I found another pair that were just $90 and had this great stitching on the back pockets. Had to get em. It's weird how I can go into a store like that and suddenly that doesn't seem like a ridiculous price for jeans. But, when I'm shopping for Levi's I refuse to pay more than $30. Weird. Kenneth Cole has that effect on me. It's an obsession.

So, my little excursion to pick up my glasses led me to two pairs of jeans at Kenneth Cole. We had to walk through Macy's on the way back to the car, so of course I had to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I decided I needed some shorts for the weekend since all of mine are too big now. While picking out shorts, Mark pointed out a hoodie that happened to have my last initial sewn into the back on sale from $80 to $18. (We're good at pointing these things out to each other.) So, of course I had to buy it.

So here I sit, doing laundry, watching Will & Grace, writing in the blog, and getting ready for the weekend when I really just want to go to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The two of you in Kenneth Cole?

Take cover! Take cover!

Anonymous said...

I know. It's bad enough that my hubby LOVES Kenneth Cole as well, but doesn't think it fits him properly. Now I have to content with Steven.

He just likes rubbing it in my face that I couldn't buy anything last night because I'm broke. :(

Anonymous said...

So, I've decided that I don't like hearing things about you for the first time on your blog. It's just not right. Gotta fix it. I'll be expecting a call as soon as you get back in town. *hurumph*

Anonymous said...

Those frames are terrific on your face (not that the face needed any help)!