Monday, March 19, 2007

Time for a fast...

After the weekend of binge drinking and bad eating I've decided it's time to fast. Actually, I went into CVS to get a Thermacare pad for my back and came across the Celebrity Diet - a two day fast. I have a shopping addiction.

It's been established that I have a problem with Kenneth Cole. I can't go into a KC store without buying something. Apparently it isn't limited to clothes and shoes. Everytime I seem to "run in" somewhere, I walk out with multiple bags an hour later. Saturday I ran to CVS for allergy medicine before going camping. An hour later I returned with 4 bags and $100 less. Tonight I go in for a heat patch and decide it's time for a fast.

This is how my life operates. The world is full of stuff that I don't need. I'm very big on "just in case" and "what if". I like to be prepared for whatever might happen - anytime, anywhere. Cub scouting had a major effect on me. That stupid, simple motto: Be Prepared stuck with me and fed into my shopping addiction. Sometimes I have to force myself to put everything down at the counter and just walk away. Sometimes that's all I need. To just shop and plan, but not really purchase.

OK, I know - my therapist has a field day with me sometimes.

1 comment:

thomas said...

i totally shop the same way. i went to the bookstore today for a laboratory book and walked out with 5 books and $215 less in my pocket. there has to be a 12 step group for us.