Friday, April 20, 2007

Doing well...

After about a two hour surgery this morning, Abby is recovering and doing well. It turns out she swallowed a piece of concrete about the size of a fist (but not as thick). She's had that piece for months now and plays with it constantly. I didn't see the harm because of its size. Apparently her throat is much bigger than I give her credit for. I'm just amazed she didn't choke.

My appointment went well this morning. The doc did a sonogram of my bladder (it's a boy!!) and said that everything looked better. The best part of that is that he didn't have to shove any tubes up tiny holes. We're just going to continue the medication and see if it improves anymore. If not, it's time to talk to the shrink about adjusting those meds. He said that there isn't any known issue that would link the bladder stuff to my meds, but that usually they aren't taken together in the doses I'm taking them in, so I'm special.

I'm just glad the week is over! It was a very long week physically and emotionally. Tonight I'm resting. I've changed the sheets and am doing laundry while catching up on this week's tv. Tomorrow I'm going to the Main St Arts Festival in Ft Worth with my parents and possibly my sister and her family.

Afterward, hopefully, I'll be going to dinner with a certain someone I met on Easter. We started chatting last night and ended up online for almost 3 hours! It was great. I couldn't believe that much time had passed. Anywho, he's very sweet and happens to be very hot, so wish me luck! This is one I definitely want to get to know more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your baby is doing better.