Sunday, April 22, 2007

While the dog's away



Well, the Ft Worth Main St Arts Festival was a success. It was packed with hundreds of vendors and a few thousand attendees Saturday morning. It was a beautiful day and everyone came out for the largest art festival in North Texas. There were some amazing artists mixed in with the usual art festival junk pieces. My absolute favorite was an artist named Kevin Box. His sculptures are unlike anything I've ever seen. They look like paper but are made of bronze - yes, this is all bronze:




My second favorite was J.D. Hillberry. His drawings are unbelievable. Check out the Trompe L'Oeil section - everything in the picture is drawn - the tape, the pencils, the wood frames, everything. This one is called "Which Came First?"



A few favorites and honorable mentions are: Owen Mortensen (mixed media), Thomas Prinze (sculpture), George Raab (photography), and for fun - Jeff Leedy (Painting) and Jimmy Ellis (Digital). There were more, but in my opinion these were some of the best.

After getting pretty burned on my bald head we headed back to my parents' house (after grabbing a bag of Kettle Corn, of course). My sister and her husband brought my nephew and new niece over in the afternoon. This was the first time I'd seen her since the hospital, so we decided to take some pictures. I think mine numbered around 100, this is just one.



Sunday I went to breakfast with Brian and Mama. We went to Mama's Daughter's Diner. It has become quite the little bear hangout on the weekends! A little later in the day I went with Jason to a movie, "Boy Culture" at the Magnolia. It wasn't bad as far as gay movies tend to go - it was pretty funny. After the movie we went to the Door for 50 cent beer and grabbed a bite to eat. I came home and spent the rest of the evening talking on the phone and chatting online with Seattle guy. I'm really looking forward to my trip to Seattle in a couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"While the dog's away"? That wouldn't be a dog called Mark, would it?

Cincy Diva said...

If you have never been, You will love Seattle! If you have, you know already! have fun!