Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I'm a Saint - no, really

I'm a really good person. I have a reputation for being somewhat bitchy and kind of negative, but the reality is that I am very sweet. What brought this on you ask? Yesterday, I loaned my ex a lump of money so he could pay his past due rent and electric bills. He hit a rough patch and needed a little help. I'm really the only family he has. He has a couple of siblings in CA, but they aren't really able to help him much. I'm not really in a position to do it either, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he were evicted. He starts a new job today and shouldn't have too much of a problem paying me back, so I'm not too worried about it.

Basically, the point is that even though I may come across as bitchy and negative, when it comes to the people I love, I would do anything for them. Those few people I've allowed myself to get close to and them to me have the amazing ability to see beyond the sarcasm and bitchiness. In exchange they get a friend who is loyal and will do anything they need. My loyalty is fierce. I'm like a guard dog in some respects. I will step between my friends and any threat they may face.

OK, this all sounds kind of dramatic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, you are. *smooch*