Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The End of a Chapter

Tonight at 6:00 James Lee Clark will be executed. My emotions are running a little high today. He raped and murdered my best friend 14 years ago and after a couple of stays of execution and exhaustive appeals this should be over tonight.

I know that his death won't bring Cari back, but that bastard didn't deserve to have the past 14 years. His actions had such far reaching consequences. Because of our age at the time, her death had a profound effect on my life, permanantly altering it's course. I will never be able to forgive him for what he did, dead or alive, but it will be nice to know that he's dead. I just wish I could've been the one to end his life - it sure as hell wouldn't be as nice a death as the state is granting him.


3 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

I thin if there is undisputable proof, dna, witnesses, etc...there should be no appeals process or waiting period. They should leave the jail and be hanged/fried/injected. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen!

I've been chatting with Mark for a short while now thru bear411 and blog and my blog. I am a FULL supporter of the death penalty. My opinion is if you intentionally cause the death of another human being, your life is forfeit. Period, end of story. I'm glad that fucker is dead and I truly am sorry for the loss of your friend. Justice has been served.

Chipster