Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Rudeness...

Well, I've decided to monitor comments. Not because I hate confrontation - on the contrary - but because I don't want rude remarks to become a part of this blog. If you disagree with something I say, that's fine. I have no problem with that. But be constructive with your comments. Ask questions, dig deeper. I will allow constructive comments. What I will not allow are comments that consist of name-calling or rudeness - there's no reason for it.

I'm a good Texan boy with Texan values. I will never be rude to you, regardless of whether or not I agree with you or like you. This not only applies to blogs, it applies to everyday life. It seems that I'm bombarded by rude people all day long. Guess what? The world does not revolve around you and your needs. If someone comes into my work and they don't have the decency to get off the phone to talk to me, I will ignore them until they are off the phone. If people are demanding that their life and needs are more important than the person next to them, then I tend to be a little slower getting their stuff taken care of.

It doesn't benefit anyone to be rude. All it does is make the commentor feel superior for a brief moment and poke and prod the commentee. For that reason, comments will now be moderated. Again, 9.5 out of 10 will be allowed whether you agree with me or not. Like I said, I like confrontation. Just be respectful about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister. Rude commenting seems to be going around lately. Something must be in the water.