Thursday, April 19, 2007

I'm weak

OK, so I'm weak. This isn't news to me really, but I just hate when it's reinforced. I lasted all of one day without coffee. I just knew yesterday was going to be a long day and I really wanted my coffee. In the morning I got my usual from Starbucks - Quad Venti Nonfat No-whip Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Yum!

It got me going in the morning, and just as I was hitting a wall Stacie called offering to bring me some coffee. Temptress. (Although, I have talked her into buying many things she didn't need). So, by the end of the day I was hopped up on 8 shots of espresso. Normally I don't have a problem handling that much caffeine, but about the time I finished the second one I started getting nervous about getting my HIV test results (negative, by the way). So my stomach was in knots.Today I'll do the Quad in the morning, but I will probably skip a second one.

I'm worried about Abby today. Yesterday I got home and noticed she'd thrown up a little. It wasn't anything bad, but it had candle pieces in it. I guess it made her pretty sick, because all night she kept throwing up bile. Sometimes she would just retch and nothing would come out. This morning I'm taking her to the vet to get checked out. Danes have very sensitive stomachs, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was not informed that you were trying to limit your coffee intake. Strange coincidence that I got the gift card that day! I'll do my part and not deliver mid-day coffee again, Mr Jitters.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm sure the caffeine doesn't help your little plumbing problem, either, mister.

Anonymous said...

You should just call him Mr. Addicted. Or we could just nickname him Tweak. I've tried telling him about the bad effects that coffee has on plumbing.

He no listen.