Friday, May 4, 2007

Shopping Therapy

Well, it's been a long week, so I needed a little shopping therapy. Mark to the rescue! We went to Northpark Mall to hit up Macy's. They've just moved a lot of stuff over to the sale racks. On the way, Mark took the wrong exit and we ended up going in across the mall from Macy's. This may not seem like a big deal, but it meant that we had to pass the Kenneth Cole store. Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows about my little addiction to KC.

Mark and I can't "pass" a Kenneth Cole store, and the shoes I was wearing (one of 3 pair that isn't KC) were a little squeaky. Therefore - I needed new shoes - obviously. We walked in and were greeted with a "wow, you haven't been in in about a week and a half!" That girl loves us. We went straight to the shoes and there they were. Some Chuck Taylors in leather. I think I peed a little.

After Mark talked me out of spending $120 on a pair of flip-flops (they were so comfortable), I opted to try on the Chuck Taylors. They were pretty damn comfortable, and only $70. The salesgirl (I really should learn her name) went to the "vault" in the back and brought out a 20% off coupon (I think I could fall in love with her - I know, she's a woman, but she can get me discounts at KC!)

Mark bought a pair of sunglasses. After I told the salesgirl of his KC outlet debacle when he bought sunglasses, she took pity on him and brought him a leather glasses case instead of the cloth pouch (you're welcome). It's good to have friends in high places!

Afterward we hit Macy's and The Gap. Both were having good sales and I walked away with about 5 new shirts. All in all it was a very successful shopping trip. I felt much better by the time we left the mall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you THINK you're addition to KC is worse then mine, but you've got a long way to go Mister!

Glad I could help.