Friday, June 1, 2007

NOLA Here I Come!!!

I feel like such a jet setter! Last weekend, NY. This weekend New Orleans. I've lived in TX most of my life and have somehow never made it to NOLA. Stacie and I are going down there for a wedding on Saturday, but we decided to go down a day early and stay a day late to spend as much time as we can.

We are staying at Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter. After making reservations, my mom informed me that this is the same hotel my granddaddy stayed in every time he was in New Orleans. The coincidences with him continue...

So, I'm traveling with Stacie - this means everything must fit in carry-on luggage. UGH!! I know that clothes for 2 days should be able to fit into a carry-on, but I tend to go through a lot of outfits. There are travel clothes, shopping clothes, wedding (in this case), going out clothes, and an additional change of clothes just in case I'm in a mood. Basically I pack about 4 different things to wear per day. I don't like to limit myself.

All of this was a pain in the ass, but I figured it out. I packed about half of the clothes I would normally take. I'm not really happy about it, but I've dealt with it. The difficult part was toiletries. When I check my baggage, I don't even have to think about it. Last night I laid everything out on my kitchen island and basically had to pick and choose what I wanted to take. Not a lot fits in a 1 Quart Ziploc bag! So, I've left half of my normal toiletries at home. I figure the hotel will have some of the things I need/want. I just wish I'd thought about it enough in advance and I would've gotten samples of my cologne.

I know this is a lot of bitching about nothing really. I am excited to be going no matter how unprepared I may be. I've waited my entire life to get there, I just wish I was able to see it Pre-Katrina. I promise to come back with plenty of pics and hopefully a couple of interesting stories!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mai said...

I can't believe you've never been to NO! Too bad it's post-katrina, because it used to actually be a pretty place. But I'm bitter about that place since my last trip there totally sucked. So, on that note, hope you have a good time! :)Please have a beignet for me at Cafe DuMonde!!

Brettcajun said...

Dammit... we didn't see you out. We were in the country (where I live) Friday. On Saturday, we did this art tour of the warehouse district, drank wine, and ate at a fancy restaurant (but we didn't go out). On Sunday, I was on my own and was out in the bars for hours on end. Did you make it to the Bourbon Pub? If I had known you were coming, I would have made arrangements to meet up with you. Darn it.