Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Police Report


(No cameras allowed, you'll have to settle for a pic of my t-shirt)


OH - MY - GAWD! Let me just say - I have waited for this night for what seems like a hundred years. The Police have not performed in Dallas in 25 years, so really I never had a chance to see them, but spent most of my 31 years listening to them and loving them. I never believed I would get the chance to see them in person - I mean, did anyone, really?

They came out and, immediately, I had goosebumps. I leaned over to Mark and all I could say was "this is just surreal." It really was. After spending my life listening to these songs it was just bizarre seing the three of them in front of me actually singing and playing. Not only that, but they were amazing! These men are just amazing artists to watch. It doesn't hurt that Sting is still hot as hell!

They played all of their hits, of course, and threw in a few of the more obscure ones. But it really surprised me how many hits they had. Everytime they would start playing one I would think, "oh yeah! I forgot about that one!" They were pretty successful in their brief 6-year run. I won't spoil anything with rehashing the sequence of the concert. However, I will tell you - wonderful set and lights, 3 encores, and a 10-minute version of Roxanne. That's all I'm sayin!

Wednesday night? B-52's!!!!

No comments: