Thursday, June 28, 2007

B-52's




Last night Mark, Brian, and I headed out to see the B-52's - one of my all-time favorites! None of us had ever been to the new House of Blues here. It opened just a couple of months ago and this was our first opportunity. What a way to break it in!

I have loved the B-52's ever since I first heard them. I think I'm one of two people who own Fred Schneider's solo album. I just love everything about them. They, of course, have aged quite a bit, but you wouldn't know that from their performance. We were front and center which allowed me to get some great pictures.

They only played for an 1 hour 15 minutes which really sucked. I could've watched, listened, and sung along all night. They ended the show with Love Shack (video). The video is a bit shaky - I'd had a few drinks and was dancing along a bit, but I tried my best to keep it steady. The quality isn't the greatest, but it's still fun.

They had one encore - Planet Claire and Rock Lobster. I was sad to see it end, but I guess all things do. While I was watching them from just a few feet away I thought it would be so much fun to have them play at my birthday party sometime (hint, hint). This is a very disjointed post and I apologize - I'm a little hungover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you, party animal. =(

Cincy Diva said...

I adore the b-52's! I put on legal tender and 52 girls when I am cleaning sometimes. I have love them since I was 18 which was more years ago than I care to mention!

Word Verification word
smenita
sounds like a liquoor
I'll have a smenita and soda please!