Monday, July 9, 2007

Weekend Recap

This was a busy weekend. Not in the traveling, drinking, partying sort of way, but in a got a lot accomplished, satisfying sort of way. Friday Mark, Brian, Mama, and I went to Fair Park to see Spamalot. HILARIOUS! (That is - if you like Monty Python.) The Lady of the Lake stole the show and after listening to the Broadway version I have a feeling she did there as well.

Saturday we decided to go to the first showing of Transformers. On the way, we stopped at Metro Diner (yum) for breakfast. Transformers was better the second time around. It is so hard to see all of the action the first time around. It's all too fast. The second time it was much easier to see. I caught a lot that I hadn't caught before.

After the movie, I was standing in the corridor waiting for Mark and Brian to get out of the bathroom. I looked up at one of the theatres next to me and noticed that Ratatouille started in about 20 minutes. Suddenly I flashed back to Junior High and decided we should sneak in. Mark was hesitant - he likes to follow rules. He was so nervous sitting there before the movie started, as if secret agents were about to drop from the ceiling and apprehend us. The movie was cute, but I'm kinda glad I didn't pay for it.

After a much needed nap we regrouped that night and did the movie thing again, but this time at the house. We watched Deja Vu followed by Hannibal Rising. The former was interesting, the latter wasn't bad. Overall I think I was just a bit tired. We didn't finish the movie until about 2am, so I just went ahead and spent the night.

Sunday morning we went to breakfast at Cafe Brazil (YUM), then we parted to do housework. I don't know what got into me, but suddenly I was at home going through boxes of shit that have been piled up since I moved in last November. I also pulled down all of my boxes of school stuff and went through everything, reboxing the things I wanted to keep.I ended up throwing out about 5 large boxes worth of stuff. It was such a great feeling to get that stuff moved out of there.

That afternoon we rejoined each other and headed to The Hidden Door for the Sunday Beer Bust where we ran into Jim. We met his friends who have a monkey and hung out with them a bit. Brian noticed someone standing on his own and since Brian is really Julie the Cruise Director, he had to go talk to him. That's how we met Devon and his partner Rook and their friend Brian.

We met them at Uncle Julio's for dinner. It was a lot of fun. I felt so popular there - it seemed like everyone I knew decided it was time to eat Mexican. After dinner I stumbled home and pretty much passed out until waking up this morning at 5:45. WTF?!?!? My alarm was set for 7, but my body disagreed. So I got to work at 7:15 this morning. Unfortunately I don't get overtime and I don't get to leave early. I'm so dedicated...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You snuck into a Movie?!

I'm tellin' mom.

(And why do Mark and Brian spend so much time in the tea room?....hmmmmmm.)