Friday, July 6, 2007

More Than Meets the Eye


I'm so excited! It has been so long since there's been a good action movie that didn't disappoint and in the past two weeks I've seen two. Last night Mark, Brian, and I went to see Transformers. I'd been waiting for them to get back from NOLA, so I was very excited.

We sat for 2 1/2 hours in awe. This movie was amazing! Well written, incredible action sequences, great acting - it had it all. There was much more humor than I was expecting, but it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm not going to go into any details because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but go see it in the theaters. It doesn't matter if you are familiar with the Transformers or not. Yes, I grew up watching them and playing with the action figures, but I don't think that enhanced the experience any more other than getting chills when I heard Optimus Prime speak for the first time.

We're going back on Saturday to see it again.

3 comments:

Steve in DFW said...

Agreed -- the movie was good, but ...

The issue that I had with it was more the camera angles and such. With the complex graphics at play, the fight scenes were a little TOO busy. It was hard to keep track of the things going on.

The graphics were amazing nonetheless. A good movie and surely worth seeing, but there was obviously some room for improvement on the directing.

Anonymous said...

Plus it featured all those neat American built GM automobiles!


("Yes, I grew up watching them and playing with the action figures".....God, I keep forgetting what a youngster you are.)

Spoonman said...

It is the best TV show to movie adaptation I've ever seen! And the first time I can remember actually wanting to go see a movie in the theater a second time. Doesn't hurt that two of the lead characters are quite attractive. I actually made Shia my pretend boyfriend for this week ;-)