Tuesday, July 3, 2007

When it rains...

Well, yesterday just plain sucked. I went to my shrink for a much needed session. For some reason the past couple of months my depression has been a little off the charts. We had a very good talk - that is, until he informed me that as of Sept he would no longer be able to be my doctor. He has accepted a full time position at SMU. Without missing a beat I started crying. I never in a million years would've imagined that would be my reaction. It's rare that I cry, especially that easily. He's been my doctor for 2 1/2 years. I've told him things I haven't told anyone - ever. It took me about 9 months to get to a point where I trusted him. Now I get to start over. Luckily I have a few more sessions with him before then.

That was how the day started. By the end of the day I was short on rent and had gained 10 pounds (not in one day). It was almost impossible to get out of bed this morning. Right now I'm sitting at my desk at work and all I can think about is sleeping. Thank god tomorrow is a holiday.

No comments: