Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Turn Around, Don't Drown

Isn't it basic common sense that if there is a flooded area you shouldn't drive or walk into it? I know personally if I see water moving across the road like a little river, I avoid it and find an alternate route. If people are stupid enough to take on Mother Nature, and especially water, they deserve what comes to them. It's called Thinning Out The Herd - and it needs to be done.

Well, in order to protect morons from themselves, the government has deemed it necessary to spend money to create a program called "Turn Around Don't Drown" (TADD). They say that people usually underestimate the power of water. All I can say to this is look at the Grand Canyon - water can fuck you up.

I personally would think that the multiple deaths each year of stupid people in flood waters, not to mention the hours of news coverage of rescues, would be warning enough to not attempt a crossing. But no - they all think they're invincible. What they don't consider is that the stupid people aren't always the only ones to die. Every now and then rescue workers are swept away in the unpredictable flood waters. Not only are they risking their own lives, but the lives of their rescuers as well.

If you need a sign to tell you to turn around so you don't drown, you probably wouldn't pay attention to it anyway. The government needs to stop trying to save people from themselves. Let Darwin's theory play out - oh wait - nevermind. I forgot this is the administration that doesn't believe in evolution. Maybe they should take a little drive themselves - c'mon, the water's not that deep...

1 comment:

just me said...

Those are my new favorite signs! It seemed a little rude at first, but then I realized they were going for a sing songy thing. I love the whole ryming they have going for them, Click it or ticket. Short sweet and to the point! My 2nd fav: drink, drive, go to jail! I'm going to miss the simplicity