Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another WTF Moment


I know I haven't been writing regularly lately. Maybe it's my newest medication in conjunction with all of my others, I don't know, but I just find it hard to focus long enough to write something. Then, last night I was hanging out with Stacie and she told me about part of her horrible, miserable day that I felt I had to share. I'm still kind of dumbfounded.

Stacie had a friend pick her up while her car was in the shop yesterday. This friend, we'll call her Alice (from Go Ask Alice), needed to run some errands. Stacie started getting suspicious when she headed west on the highway and didn't seem to be slowing down. Alice told Stacie that she needed to run by Williams-Sonoma. She doesn't cook. Stacie asked her what she needed to do there and Alice responded, "whippits."

Alice is 34. What the hell is a 34-year old doing with whippits? I used to do whippits - in Junior High School. I don't know anyone who's done them since then, so imagine my surprise when Stacie told me about Alice buying several boxes at Williams-Sonoma then driving to another store to get more. She was concerned that they wouldn't sell them to her because it had only been a week since she'd bought them last.

I'm sorry, but What the Fuck?!? Whippits?!? Seriously? Am I the only one who thinks this is extremely pathetic for an adult to be doing? I mean, if you're going to have a drug addiction at least make it a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a Whippit?

Cincy Diva said...

next thing you know, she'll be staggering down the dairy section of the Piggly Wiggly trying to suck the gas out of the Redi-Whip's

Rinny said...

If this is what said 34 year old has chosen to do....okay....but good grief....Williams Sonoma? Couldn't she find a more reasonably priced outlet to get her fix?

Anonymous said...

Honey! I had to follow the link just to know what you were talking about.

So, yeah. I'm going with pathetic.