Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

I think I'm deciding against Accutane for the time being. After spending some time on message boards and doing a little more research, I don't know that I want to deal with all of it. I'm going to try the antibiotics and cleanser for a few months and see how that works. There are so many warnings and possible liver/kidney issues I don't want to risk it. I don't know what damage I did to my liver spending all of those years on drugs so I just think it would be wise not to risk it for now.

On a lighter note, I read an article yesterday about this year's State Fair food. It's no wonder that Americans, and Texans in general, are so freakin' fat. A few of this year's features: Fried Latte, Fried Guacamole, Fried Sweet Potato Pie, Fried Cookie Dough...the list goes on, but they all have one thing in common - FRIED FRIED FRIED. It's amazing that there aren't more heart attack deaths at the fair each year.

I have to go shopping for my nephew's birthday. He just turned 3. We're having a surprise party for him on Thursday. I know, a surprise party for a 3 year old. If that seems odd then you don't know this 3 year old. They were on vacation in CO this past week with my parents. He expected to get to the condo and be surprised with a party. He was disappointed, so my sister decided to go ahead and throw together an impromptu party. Anyone know where I can find dress up stuff for a boy? They have tons of that shit for girls, but I'm striking out looking for him.




4 comments:

Elizabeth Mai said...

Hey - I'll comment on this! I was at Target today and they have all kinds of "real" looking big tools like a chainsaw! Kind of crazy, but kind of cool. I also found a small rug that is a town with train tracks all through it that you could get with some train pieces. It's Thomas the Train, which he doesn't really care about, but he loves the train part. So, just some more ideas.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but at least there's a trans fat free movement!!!

State Fair of Texas officials are encouraging food vendors this year to use oils with no trans fat in frying their corny dogs, funnel cakes and other fare, in line with a nationwide trend to eradicate the artery-clogging fats from Americans' diets.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/082307dnmetfatfreefair.2d63848.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I really do wish I could make it to the little squirt's shindig :(

Cincy Diva said...

How do you fry latte?