Monday, August 27, 2007

A More Positive Post

So apparently I whine too much. Personally, I think anyone who doesn't like what I write about should just fuck off and not read it, but I guess my posts were a little down last week. There are two very positive things from the weekend to write about, so I'll put any other shit on the back burner and write a peppy fucking post.

Friday, Mark, Brian, and I went to the movies. It had been awhile so there were a lot of options. We chose Superbad. It is, by far, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. The laughs were constant and it wasn't the same shit you see over and over. Seth Rogan is hilarious as an actor and a writer. I can't wait to see it again! I know I missed some parts because I was laughing so hard.

Saturday, Mark and Brian were at the ranch finishing up the deck. I stayed in town to get some stuff done around the house. That night I went to a new restaurant in the gayborhood called Frida's (named for Frida Kahlo). It was amazing! It is authentic central Mexican cuisine, not Tex-Mex. Unfortunately people will be disappointed because we just don't have much authentic Mexican cuisine around here.

Instead of chips and salsa we got a bowl of carrot and jicama julienned with some wonderful spices sprinkled on top. I had never had jicama before and was leery (I don't like trying new foods), but it was great! Very refreshing. I ordered a Diego-rita - scrumptious! But, I've been brain-washed and needed my chips, so we ordered tableside guacamole and chips. It was a little on the citrusy side, but good non-the-less. My entree consisted of pork tacos. The handmade tortillas were amazing as was the pork that was wrapped up inside. I never get desert, but when she said the words "Banana Bread Pudding" I was sold.

Can I just say??? Although everything was very good, I would go back for the bread pudding alone. In fact, I might have to do that tonight...hmmm...


2 comments:

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Man, are ALL your post going to be this fricken peppy and happy-go-lucky? Dude, don't you have anything in your life to whine about?

*ducks and runs*
xoxo

Rinny said...

It all sounds yummy. Maybe I can talk to boy into going next time we are in Dallas area.