Thursday, August 9, 2007

Foot Update

So I think the last time I wrote anything about my foot, the diagnosis was gout. Well, 3 months later the pain is still there. I saw a podiatrist last week and he diagnosed me with tendinitis. Not too bad - I get to wear a pretty shoe (that's sarcasm for those that didn't catch it) and take anti-inflammatory meds for awhile. There's a catch though - tendinitis doesn't cause the pain in the top of my toe. Hmmm...

Looking at my x-rays we discovered that the inside of my foot is higher than the outside causing the joint at my big toe to rub together. The good news is that it's something that can be fixed. The bad news? My arch is so high it would be very difficult to correct. It would require wearing an insole that combined with my high arch would make it very difficult to wear shoes. So, looks like I just get to deal with that pain - while it isn't awful, it's annoying.

I wore the shoe for a few days and while it helped with the tendinitis, it caused more pain in the joint. I haven't worn the shoe now for a couple of days and feel ok. Maybe the anti-inflammatory is taking care of it. Then again, maybe I'm just making it worse. I might need to call the doc...

1 comment:

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Oh you're just pissed because Kenneth Cole doesn't make orthopedic shoes. It would give you a reason to buy Kenneth Cole shoes #37.