Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reunion Weekend



I had the most amazing weekend. All of my friends from High School along with their children decided we needed to get together. We rented a house on Lake LBJ and got together for 4 days. I had forgotten how much I loved all of these guys.

The weekend was full of food and drinking (of course), as well as games and great conversation. We all took turns making meals and just relaxed. It was such a comfortable feeling to be surrounded by the people that I've seen and done so much with and who I've known for so many years.

I met most of these guys in Junior High where we formed our little group of misfits. A couple of them I met in Kindergarten and 1st Grade. That's a long time and a lot of shit to stick through with some of the same people. My connections and attachments to them are permanent and only grow stronger over the years.

There are many more pictures on my flickr site as well as our group flickr site. I can't wait until next year. I just hope we're able to do it before June - maybe Spring Break. Abe (in top picture w/ me) is returning to Iraq next June and I would hate for him to miss out on the next gathering.

3 comments:

Nhinesy said...

i had know idea how sexy i am when i play darts :)

and by sexy, i mean fat.

Team Manager said...

It was great to see you again Steven and be able to spend more than a couple hours with you. I think the reunion went extremely well. There was no shortage of laughs....or food!

Rinny said...

It was lots of fun! And hopefully next year we will remember that we aren't feeding a third world country!