Monday, October 8, 2007

The Demon Barber

Saturday, Mark and I went to see The Heartbreak Kid starring Ben Stiller. It wasn't nearly as funny as it was made out to be, which is usually the case. I have to admit there were a couple of scenes that made me laugh so hard I cried, but those scenes alone could've waited for DVD. There is one great, unexpected cameo at the very end, but that's the only thing I liked about the ending.

The best part of the night was seeing the trailer for the long-anticipated Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Tim Burton has teamed up with Johnny Depp yet again to work his magic. To add to all of the magical weirdness, Depp's co-star is Helena Bonham Carter who I love. I could hardly contain myself watching the preview. Now I just have to wait 2 1/2 months for the release. *SIGH*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I had no idea Burton was doing another movie, and the cast is outstanding, WOOHOO!!! I'll surely want to be seeing that in the theater =)

Cincy Diva said...

I am renting the original from Netflix and watching Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury until that time.