Friday, October 5, 2007

Showroom Progress & the Weekend


It's so much fun watching my tile designs come to life. I've designed about 30 floors for our showroom and one vignette which looks amazing so far. The floors are taking a little longer than expected but now as they are slowly being installed, enhanced, and grouted I'm very excited.

The floor in the picture was the first one to be installed. It's a very unique brushed marble. And yes, it is naturally that color. As we complete more of them I will post pictures of the best ones.

Brettcajun is in town this weekend for a tennis tournament. It'll be good to see him. It's been awhile. Tonight I think Mark and I will meet him for drinks and/or dinner. Tomorrow we'll probably go watch a couple of matches at the park and then Mark wants to go spend his gift certificate at Ikea. I'm sure we'll sneak into a movie or two at some point.

Sunday I have dinner with the family for my birthday. Yes, it's that time of year. Next Friday, Oct 12 I will turn another year older thank god. I actually enjoy getting older. It's weird, I know, but I guess considering the shit I've been through and survived I am always amazed that I made it another year. Besides, I've always had a thing for older men. I have no issues with aging - as long as it's done gracefully.

Oh yeah, it's Texas/OU weekend which means everywhere will be nuts this weekend. I don't care about football, but for rivalry sake I hope Texas wins. Since I was born in TX I was raised with a strong distaste for Oklahoma. There's a natural rivalry there that plays out for everyone through the Texas/OU battle every year. All in fun, of course...

No comments: