Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More Self-Improvement

Well, I'm one step closer to taking Accutane. I went in for my follow-up dermatology appointment and he wasn't too happy with what he saw. My back has broken out quite a bit and it's really upsetting. I asked him if there was something we could do before jumping to Accutane. I'm going to take Bactrim for a month and see if we can get the breakout under control.

If I take the Accutane I won't be able to do the lipo for at least 12 months - something to think about for sure, but I believe the acne is a bigger issue for me. It's a major source of stress and depression because I'm not comfortable in my skin - literally and figuratively. I can at least do things to minimize the fat without costing an arm and a leg, not the case with acne. I think we have a winner...

On the fat front, I'm starting the "Carbohydrate Addict's Diet". Many years ago I followed this diet with great success. I thought I'd give it a shot again. It's amazing! I've completed my 2nd day on it and am surprised at how my cravings have already faded somewhat and how at dinner I was able to put down my fork with half of my food still on my plate. Alcohol too - I had 1 margarita and that took awhile to drink - usually I would have had 2 or 3 in the same time-frame.

I haven't really had any weight loss yet - a little early still, but I'm so impressed with the other results - increased energy, fewer cravings, less munchiness, and best of all - the mechanism in my brain that tells me I'm satisfied is actually working the way it's supposed to. It seems crazy that I've noticed such a difference in only 2 days, but it shows how strong the effects of carbohydrates really are. It really is an addiction, something I have a little more than a basic knowledge of overcoming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started cutting out carbs & sugar 3 weeks ago, and have lost 14lbs so far. Energy is up, no cravings. First couple of days were tough-ish. I think I'm gonna go down one pant size again. Make sure you don't starve yourself.