Thursday, January 31, 2008

Still in Louisiana

Well, still in LA. I decided to stay an extra couple of days to help go through things at the house with my mom and aunt. I also really just don't want to leave right now. It was hard enough leaving the funeral home and then leaving the cemetery.

I will be bringing back a few things, but there are some antiques I've always wanted that my mom and aunts are going to allow me to take rather than sell because I have the necessary ceiling height. I'll have to come back for those sometime with a moving truck. It is important to me to keep them in the family. They were purchased by Grandaddy, and if you've read my posts about him then you know how much that means to me. I've also grown up around them and they're very comforting. I know that they would both be ecstatic that I'm keeping them rather than selling them.

But there's no rush for that. There aren't any immediate plans to sell the house, so they can stay here as long as is necessary. Tomorrow we're meeting with the lawyer one more time and will probably go for meat pies in Natchitoches for lunch. Then we'll do some visiting and I'll do a little more picture taking.

That's all for now. Let's see how long this thing takes to post with a dial-up connection. It's painfully slow once you're used to high-speed.

And again, thank you for all of the kind words.

No comments: