Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thank you

Thank you for the comments and emails. It means a lot to know that people I've never met are concerned. I have been pretty numb for the most part the past couple of days, but I know that'll probably change later today.

My dad and I are driving to Natchitoches (pronounced nak-a-tish), Louisiana for the Rosary and Visitation today. Tomorrow we will have the funeral service in Gorum followed Thursday by a traditional return trip to the cemetery for a final good-bye. They have some interesting backwoods traditions in Gorum and that's one of them. I'll be heading back Thursday.

I'm not looking forward to the next few days. I think one of the hardest things will be walking into her house and smelling her. She hasn't smelled like "Grandma" since she's been in the hospital for so long. I think that might be one of the more upsetting things. But anyway...I'll be writing when I get back. Especially about Gorum in general. This will give me a great opportunity to get pictures to share of the little town lost to time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll be just down the road from me. I'm sorry it's for a sad reason, but I cna't wait to hear you LA stories.

Anonymous said...

Steven, so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you!

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

We'll all be thinking of you babe. xoxo