Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weirdest thing...

This morning when I pulled up to 7-11 to get coffee I looked down into my change tray and it was empty. My change tray is always full (except when my ex would empty it, but he's in CA.) I'm so anal about my doors being locked, but nothing was broken and nothing else was missing, so I must have left them unlocked.

I was trying to trace it back to when it could've happened. I remembered that when I got home last night from Mark & Brian's that my ashtray was open which sits above the change tray. I thought it was odd, but it was late and I just closed it without another thought. Apparently it was knocked open when whoever was getting the change out of my car.

I'm just always so careful about locking my doors in their neighborhood because there have been break-ins. Whoever it was obviously needed the change more than I do, so they're welcome to it. I'm actually not upset at all by it because if it was a common thief they would have taken other stuff. Instead it was probably a homeless person who needed the money.

It just made for a baffling morning.

1 comment:

troglodytis said...

nice! change thieves. but those pennies and dimes you've been saving since 1994!!! they stole them!!! YOU BASTARDS!

i'll remind you of the time i was in little rock at an american dairy goat association convention. somebody stole my car stereo, but left me some nice tupperware.

yes, it's all about me, isn't it.

me and those weird silly thieves. what would we ever do without them?