Thursday, February 14, 2008

Accutane is working...

So, I went in for my first month check-up after starting Accutane. My dermatologist was very pleased. He says I have improved about 60% in one month! I've had very few side effects - the dry skin and chapped lips are the worst of it. If I weren't seeing a shrink there would be a few more problems with the depression. There is definitely a noticeable change, but the benefits are greatly outweighing the negative right now.

He even said my pores on my face look better - and I didn't even know that was an issue. He switched me to a different generic version to see if that helps cut back on some of the side effects I've had. All of the bloodwork came back normal too. With all of the medications I'm on it amazes me that my numbers look so good. In fact, he said I was "the picture of health" according to my bloodwork. Weird.


1 comment:

troglodytis said...

blood? what the hell does your blood know about your health? your doctor sounds like a quack.

come down to austin. i know this guy, he's got the BEST leeches! they are imported from bolivia, so you know that are good.