Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Troy!!

Thank you Gary for the photo. Mark and I wanted to take Troy (middle) to dinner for his birthday. We went to Howard Wang's for great Chinese. Troy's birthday (I'll spare announcing his age) is Friday.

Troy is one of the most amazing people I know. I met him 14 years ago, which seems impossible. There were periods in there where we didn't really have much, if any contact, but every time I would run into him it was as if no time had passed. We were both going through our own battles with addiction which seemed to cross paths occasionally, but he was always there when I most needed him.

When Shayne found out he was HIV+ Troy was the first person at the hospital and the first person to come to the house and help out because Shayne was so sick. If nothing else, he provided some relief for me. Then, later when Shayne died, I rode with him down to East Texas for the funeral.

I have a lot of admiration for Troy. After everything he's been through he's emerged a much stronger, positive force. I can only admire that. Anywho
(sorry Gary), enough gushing about Troy. He's a wonderful person whom I love very much.

Happy Birthday!!


No comments: