Friday, March 28, 2008

My Luck Has Run Out

I've been very spoiled lately, I've seen some very good movies. The Counterfeiters about the largest counterfeiting operation in history run by the Nazis. It was made up of the prisoners of concentration camps. Excellent movie. In Bruges was very enjoyable (up to about the last five minutes or so, but still worth seeing.) The Bank Job which stars one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen, Jason Statham, but is also an excellent movie. Flawless starring Demi Moore and Michael Caine about a diamond heist in the 60's is also wonderful. And of course, Horton Hears a Who! which had me laughing from start to finish.

The run couldn't last though. One movie I was very excited to see was Funny Games. Last night I dragged Mark to see it. Let me just say that overall, I was bored out of my mind through a lot of it. It really is more of a character study than anything. Naomi Watts and Tim Roth were amazing to watch, but unfortunately that wasn't enough to redeem the poor editing. It would make a great book or short story, but never should have been put on the screen. It is a very drawn out, disturbing, and ultimately unsatisfying movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I need to see some flicks now, I feel like I'm falling behind ;-)

But I'm glad to hear Horton was good... I have high hopes for it.