Monday, March 31, 2008

Crazy Christians on Big Brother


I have a confession to make - I'm a fan of Big Brother on CBS. This is the 9th season and I've watched every one of them. It's pretty embarrassing, but the reason I divulged this little tidbit is that I have an issue with last night's episode. It's bad enough that there is a group on the show that are constantly reading their Bibles and talking about how good they are, but last night they took it too far. They are now calling themselves "Team Christ." Nice.

It started on Thurs during the competition for Head of Household (if you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, just bear with me a moment.) Natalie, who has been praying and praying for God to help her and give her strength, won the competition. I wasn't happy about it for numerous reasons, but most of all because of the kind of thing that came next.

She jumped up and down with her self-righteous friends and went on and on about how this is vindication by God for what she'd been through in the house. She'd been praying so hard and that she asked God for the answers to the questions and he gave them to her. THEN they started quoting Bible verses to back it up! I wanted to throw something!

I mean, seriously, with all that is going on in the world - starvation, disease, war, famine, etc - if there is a God, do you really think he gives even half a shit about how well she does on Big Brother? I know if I were Christian I would hope that there were better things for him to focus on than whether or not I won half a million dollars. I mean, seriously! Really??? It may seem like I've blown this out of proportion, but if you'd seen and heard the way they were carrying on and on. I was embarrassed for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watch, but this season is getting really bad. I think Adam cheated when he won HOH. And the remaining "Christ" group just pisses me off. Josh is an ass but I grown to really like Jason. He appears to be the only "normal" one. Is it just me, or are there more freaks than normal in the house this season? Do you think CBS did that because viewers would get bored with normal people?

troglodytis said...

i'll pray for you

Team Manager said...

This is the first season I haven't watched. But if I had seen that I would have been right there with ya. "Team Christ"? Come on, give me a break.