Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Eddie Izzard


Last night Mark and I went to see Eddie Izzard at the Majestic. I was worried, never having seen him in person, that he wouldn't be able to live up to Dress to Kill. Honestly, I still feel that's his best performance of what I've seen - both recorded and now live. However, last night was a great show.

Because of his role in The Riches he came out in boy clothes and no make-up, but still referred to himself as a transvestite, so it's still in there, just not out on display right now. He was hilarious. His stream of consciousness comedy style is as crazy as it gets and gets even crazier when he pulls his iPhone out of his pocket to check facts about Dallas on Wikipedia.

The show was a full 2 hours and while there were several "What the fuck???" moments, it was a very fun evening...except for our seats. This was the first time I'd been in the Mezzanine. I'm usually lucky enough to get Orchestra, but not this time. It was sooo warm up there. I was wet with sweat through most of the show and surrounded by sick people. Today I woke up feeling all achy - lovely.

The other entertaining part was the people watching before the show. It was a very bizarre crowd - part computer geek, part gay, part tranny, part etc, etc, etc. We were surrounded by some very very large people and very loud people. I jokingly referred to someone as a band geek and later heard him talking about his trombone. (It's ok, I was a band geek in HS.)

Overall a great evening...except for the sick thing.

1 comment:

just me said...

I am Sooooooo jealous. By the time I heard about it the tickets were sold out. Glad you had a great time.