Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The move continues...

First of all, to answer a question - lofts in Dallas can go from around 70 cents/sf to about $3/sf. It all depends on the neighborhood. I'm in a very transitional neighborhood and I pay about 80 cents/sf. It's a pretty nice loft with very few amenities in an old bottling factory. If you go further into downtown the prices start getting pretty ridiculous.

I was up until about 2:30am packing and organizing. One thing led to another - over and over and over again. I got a lot moved upstairs with Mark's help last night, but once he left I decided to disconnect most of the electronics.

I had to take pictures and draw diagrams as I was doing it because it took me forever to get them connected in the first place. While I was taking them apart I realized I had a couple of cables connected things that really had no purpose. I'm sure there is a much more efficient way of connecting everything, but I just get too easily confused.

In addition to the TV and cable box, there's the receiver and Blue-Ray. It's all too fancy and way out of my league. There are way too many ways to connect everything and way to many holes and not enough cables. I really should have someone come over and hook it up professionally so that I only have one remote instead of four, but whatever...

Anyway, I'm going on 5 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee. Tonight will be more of the same sans Mark. He got a last minute invitation to go see Leslie Jordan tonight and took it. I don't blame him, I would've too. But, he's more going to hang out with his friend than to see Leslie Jordan...which is annoying because I've wanted to go to this show for a few months now...but whatever...I'm not bitter or anything.

Actually, at this point I'm more jealous of the fact that he doesn't have to move anything tonight. He gets to hang out with a friend at what will be a hilarious show. I get to pack and move more crap upstairs. As much as I love Leslie Jordan, and have always wanted to see him live, I let go of that awhile back. The move is priority right now. I have to get a ton of stuff moved tonight. My goal is to be 90% moved by tomorrow night. Lofty goal, I know...

1 comment:

troglodytis said...

HA!

lofty..

get it...

lofty, as in a loft. you know, where you're moving to, a loft. lofty.

see how that works? cause lofty...like elevated in statue, but you live there...

GENIUS! and it's a loft..so it's high up and lofty. HA! the lofty goal of moving into a lofty loft. i laughed, a lot.

HEY! laughed, that's somewhat of a lofty homonym! i laughed about your lofty goal of moving into your lofty loft.


um, hmmm. ok, maybe that was one too far.




just grab your shit and toss it into your warehouse. sheesh.