Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Quiet Home

Today was the first day in 6 or 7 years that I woke up without any animals greeting me and following me around the house. I took Cobb (my cat) to her new home last night. I love her to death, but I took her in as a favor to my sister about 5 years ago, and my allergies have had enough.

I've put off finding her a home for a long time because she's just such a sweet cat, but with Mark moving in soon, I decided it was time. My allergies may be bad, but his are worse. I'm not putting this onto Mark by any means. Like I said I've thought about it for a few years now and have needed to do it, but I have a hard time letting go even if it's what's best.

I found her a great home though and I know she'll be fine and well taken care of. Now comes the task of cleaning cat hair out of everything, which sometimes seems like an impossible battle. It was just bizarre to have only myself to take care of this morning. There were no animals peeking around corners or following me around while I get dressed. No one to talk to or no one talking to me. It's just very quiet.

But it won't last...in a couple of weeks I will become a stepdad. Mark, Max, and I are moving into another loft - a bigger one. I'm crazy about Max and can't wait to have him there. He has such a great energy about him. He can be a little insane at times, but he has a great spirit and is fun to have around. And as much as I love Mark and can't wait to live together, I'm going to have to get used to living with another person again. And he has to get used to living with someone full-time again since I travel for work only 4 days out of a year.

I'm looking forward to it though...I'm just not looking forward to the move...I hate moving.

No comments: