Thursday, July 31, 2008

Distracted/OCD

So I've been a little distracted this week. I finally got my 3G iphone and I've spent two days playing with it non-stop - I'm hooked. In fact I've gotten a little compulsive about it. Now that I think about it I've been a little obsessive-compulsive about a few things...

I got an email last week with an offer to join the Disney Movie Club - so I did. I ended up buying about 15 movies in 3 different orders. I made the initial purchase and then received an email with a 25% off offer - so I bought a few more. Then, at checkout got a 20% off coupon...etc, etc. By then end of it all I'd made a few purchases - and some obscure selections as well.

I got it in my head last week that I had to have a Bowflex - I bought one Sunday. I also decided last week that I needed to start a Medical Transcriptionist training program to bring in extra money - so I did. My bank account isn't too happy with me - which became another source of obsession yesterday. I couldn't stop messing with my budget.

I'm starting to recognize these little episodes, but couldn't figure out why my OCD had increased so much. Then, I remembered. When my shrink put me on the medication for Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), he warned me to watch out for increased obsessive-compulsive behavior. It's apparently a pretty common side effect and with my predisposition for compulsive behavior he thought he should warn me. Now that I've connected it to something and have realized I'm doing it, I can try to control it more. The medication is working, so I'd rather learn how to cope with the OCD.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

We started to join the Disney movie club. Might need to look into that again. Glad your RLS medicine is working.

troglodytis said...

rock on the candle.


you better get that rock off the candle.



finally got home to my n95! and all i'm doing is playing with it. we can TOTALLY have my penis is bigger than yours/my phone is better than yours wars!

and, yes, i know, mine is thicker.

Anonymous said...

Steven, put down the checkbook and back away slowly.....