Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Something Stupid This Way Comes...

There's something in the air or water that's spreading. It started yesterday morning bright and early and is continuing to grow like a tumor. What is it you may ask? I have no freakin idea, but it's making people stupid.

Every phone call was some weird or unusual request or problem, usually having to do with someone's stupidity. Don't get me wrong, they weren't all based on incompetence. Some were just bizarre and unusual or simply just a pain in the ass. At first I figured it was just me and my negative attitude - nothing new. Then I started listening in on other people's conversations.

I realized that this thing was becoming an epidemic. We all found ourselves repeatedly instructing people how to fill out forms or how to install certain things (even though these were experienced installers with detailed installation instructions.) And regarding the forms - if blanks like "Address", "Visa or MC", or "Name" on a form throw you off you should probably go back to bed. It was like suddenly overnight people's IQ's had dropped suddenly. Just bizarre.

And it continued today. My first phone call was an issue I'd never heard of, nor anyone else in our showroom or at our supplier had heard of either. In talking to other people we realized that this was spreading much further than first thought. Pretty much everyone I've spoken to has had a bizarre couple of days. Not anything crazy, but subtle things that kinda make you pause and say, "Really?"

By 9:30 this morning we were all already eye-balling the bottle of Patron in the cabinet...mmm...Patron... my mouth is watering.

1 comment:

troglodytis said...

bent bugles make wonky wah-wahs