Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Nice Weekend

Friday evening Tyler and Naomi came up from Austin for the weekend. Lori, Justin, and one of their offspring came over that evening and we had Chinese and hung out. After Lori and Justin left we watched the Olympics Opening Ceremonies - very impressive (them Chinese is tricky.)

Saturday Ashley, Keith, Katie, and Cari met us at Manny's for lunch. Ashley came back with us and Stacie came over for a bit. I'm afraid I wasn't the best company, but after a couple of margaritas at lunch and another drink when I got home, I had trouble keeping my eyes open...it was midnight after all...(sad.)

Ashley spent the night on the couch with Tyler and Naomi. Don't worry - large couch and very comfortable. This morning we hung out for a bit. As Tyler and Naomi were preparing to leave, Beth called saying she was in the neighborhood with the kids...I love Beth and her kids, don't get me wrong (really Beth, I do) but our home isn't exactly child-friendly. Mark and I spent the whole time tense...waiting for something to break...luckily the kids are well-behaved...it was more about them and Max together...a lot of potential insanity there. After a nice visit, everyone was off.

Mark and I went to PeiWei before I had to take him to the airport for his stupid business trip. No, it is a stupid business trip. He flew to Atlanta to basically go have lunch with a client and come back. Customer relations, I guess. So, I've been sitting here with Max designing shirts and posting them online.

Oh, and I started setting up my own websites...I'll have one for the blog and one for the whole t-shirt thing...possibly one for graphic design or interior design consultant services. We might also go ahead and set up a website for Mark to sell his artwork. It was somewhat impulsive, I realize, and afterword realized it probably had something to do with one of my meds that increases compulsive behavior (because I need help with that), but at the same time I've thought about doing it for a couple of years now...I've just become proactive about it.

Anyhoo...check out the new shirts...there are three of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we ask nicely, can you design something we request?

Team Manager said...

I'm sorry we stressed you out. I did notice a lot of breakables so maybe it's a good thing you had Max there to distract the boys. He is such a good dog. I'm glad we got to see you despite the chaos.

Tori :) said...

Hi- this is so random that I happened upon your blog. This is Tori (Wright) from DHS. Idk if you remember me... anyway- I saw that you mentioned Naomi and Tyler and I've been wondering what happened to them- where they ended up. If you could tell them "Hi!" for me I'd appreciate it. Do they blog?
I'm :) to read you're doing well. Take care.