Sunday, September 28, 2008

Texas State Fair2008



Ok, I'm going to let Mark tell you about the food, because while it was good, I was distracted by something altogether different. I'm going to start by saying I'm a very proud Texan (just ask Mark.) I love my state and take great pride in being from here. That said, there is more redneck, white trash running around this state and for one month out of the year they converge in Dallas at the State Fairgrounds.

I love people-watching, but what's really sad is that some of the vendors have misspelled signs on their booths.
This one just struck me as funny...especially since there were at least 3 booths around this guy that got it right...

Overall we had a great time...just one word of advice - don't waste your time on the laser/pyrotechnic show, Illumination Sensation. It was just crap. The songs didn't really make sense or pertain to anything or anyone in particular and they certainly didn't transition very well. The laser images were just ok and the few fireballs and fireworks there were were just ok. If you've seen the show in the past, skip this one - you'll be highly disappointed. If you haven't seen it, skip it - you'll be highly disappointed. If you just need some time to rest and sit down, I'd suggest doing it in an air-conditioned building, not in the Esplanade.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psst! Steven come over here......(collectibles can be spelled with either an "i" or an "a". And only the apostrophe is missing in Fry's).

Txsmurf said...

I didn't realize that it could be spelled two different ways. I've removed that example. But, Frys isn't missing an apostrophe, the plural of fry is "fries". Thank you for catching me on collectibles though. :)