Wednesday, December 24, 2008

4 years and counting...

Yep - I've been clean for four years to the day. And no, I don't say sober because I happily drink on occasion. I have to make the distinction because I've been called on it before.

Unfortunately, the desire isn't gone. In fact, it's still something I think about and want daily. I think about it, smell it, imagine it, crave it. According to the shrink that'll probably never go away. It isn't as bad as it used to be, but honestly, if put down in front of me -
Meth or Coke - I would do it without much of a thought. At that point it becomes an afterthought. So, the fact that I'm here - healthy and clean is something that I'm very thankful for.

It has taken a lot of work to get this far and the further I get the more reason I have to stay away from it. So, I have 4 years behind me that will hopefully kick in if ever faced with the prospect of it again. But that's part of the trick - staying away from those "opportunities."

To treat myself, I've put a down payment on a beautiful new piece of glass by "Viscosity Glass"...





No comments: